Custom Club Fitting FAQ's
Do I need to make an appointment for a club fitting session?
- Yes, we prefer appointments so we may be able to provide you with the individual time required for a proper fitting. We schedule times 7 days a week.
Do custom fitted clubs cost more than stock clubs?
- No, custom fitted clubs cost the same as a stock set "off-the-rack". Sittler Golf Center custom-fits all major brands and price ranges of equipment for men, women and juniors so that we have something for everyone.
How will being fitted for clubs improve my game?
- “Off-the-rack” golf clubs are made to standard specifications configured to fit the average golfer with average specifications. Unless you fit this narrow zone of what a manufacturer considers average, you’re constantly compensating for clubs that don't match your body or your golf swing. Custom fit golf clubs maximize the characteristics of YOUR individual golf swing, which will allow you to get the most success and enjoyment. Remember: every professional golfer has their clubs fitted and you should too. Stop working for your golf clubs and have your golf clubs start working for you!
Do you have left-handed clubs to try?
- We have as many left-handed clubs as we can get our hands on for club fitting, as we realize it can often be difficult for lefties to find clubs to test and compare. We also host many demo days in which the manufacturer bring a larger selection of left handed equipment.
Do you build custom clubs?
- No. We order all custom clubs from the specific manufacturer you are fitted for. They will build them to your individual specifications and weight the clubs accordingly, which is better than making modifications to “stock” clubs.
Will it take a long time to get my clubs?
- COVID UPDATE: If purchasing clubs, there may be a delay for delivery of custom clubs. Some of the manufacturers are starting to open up custom building operations with limited staff. Certain manufacturers currently have lead times up to 8 weeks, so we recommend placing your orders as soon as possible. Please call for more information. No, it will take about 2-3 weeks to receive your custom clubs that are built specifically for you by the manufacturer.
Can all Players benefit from Custom Fitting?
- Yes, properly fit golf equipment will substantially benefit golfers of ALL ability levels. Golf is challenging enough on its own. Why make it even harder? Properly fit equipment in terms of club model, shaft type, shaft length, shaft flex, grip type & size, set composition, and much more makes the game significantly easier to play and/or learn.
Can’t I get the same results by hitting into a net?
- No! Ball Flight is the most important aspect of the club fitting process. Hitting into a net simply does not provide the necessary feedback. Many times it appears you've hit the ball straight, only to see it hook or fade before landing. You simply cannot see this hitting into a net or simulator.
Why do you charge for custom fitting sessions when other places do it for free?
- At Sittler Golf Center, we want you to have as many clubs as possible to demo so that you can find the right clubs for your game. It is extremely expensive for us to assemble all the fitting systems and demo clubs from so many manufacturers, as well as the latest clubfitting technology. We pride ourselves on being Nationally Recognized Clubfitters and all our clubfitters are PGA & Manufacturer Certified Fitters. In the same way we compensate our Professionals when giving golf lessons, we compensate them for their expertise in the clubfitting process.
How long is a clubfitting?
- The time it takes to complete a clubfitting depends on the clubfitting you choose:
- Ultimate Comprehensive Full Bag Fitting: up to 4 hours
- Comprehensive Full Bag Fitting: up tp 3 hours
- Comprehensive Iron Fitting: up to 1.5 hours
- Comprehensive Driver Fitting: up to 1 hour
- Comprehensive Long Wood: up to 1 hour
- Comprehensive Wedges: up to 1hour
- Comprehensive Putter: up to 1hour
Can you fit me for clubs I just purchased elsewhere?
- The best time to be fit for clubs is BEFORE you buy, which takes the expensive guess work out of potentially buying the wrong clubs. Getting fit before allows us to accurately fit you for all club specs. We may be able to affordably change to the correct grip size or shorten or lengthen the shafts. Sometimes it is better to just trade-in incorrect clubs and start over with new ones. We would work with you during an equipment analysis to determine if the clubs you purchased are right for you.
Can I be fitted by you , but buy my clubs elsewhere (i.e. shop around)?
- Yes, you would pay the full fitting fee and if you decide within 2 weeks of your fitting to purchase the clubs from us we would apply 50% of the fitting fee to your purchase.
Is there a savings if I buy my clubs from you?
- We have a Price Match Guarantee and we waive 50% of the fitting fee when you buy from us. We also enroll you in our Rewards Program where you earn a point for each dollar spent towards shop credit, free lessons, free buckets, etc.
What is your Appointment and Cancellation Policy
It’s important to understand that when forgetting or cancelling appointments without giving enough notice, businesses lose the opportunity to fill that appointment time, and other clients waiting for appointments miss out on receiving services. For the benefit and respect of all our clients and professionals, booking appointments with Sittler Golf are subject to the following terms found on our Appointment and Cancellation/No Show Policy