Custom Club Fitting FAQ's
Do I need to make an appointment for a club fitting session?
- Yes, we prefer appointments so we may be able to provide you with the individual time required for a proper fitting. We schedule times 7 days a week.
Do custom fitted clubs cost more than stock clubs?
- No, custom fitted clubs cost the same as a stock set "off-the-rack". Sittler Golf Center custom-fits all major brands and price ranges of equipment for men, women and juniors so that we have something for everyone.
How will being fitted for clubs improve my game?
- “Off-the-rack” golf clubs are made to standard specifications configured to fit the average golfer with average specifications. Unless you fit this narrow zone of what a manufacturer considers average, you’re constantly compensating for clubs that don't match your body or your golf swing. Custom fit golf clubs maximize the characteristics of YOUR individual golf swing, which will allow you to get the most success and enjoyment. Remember: every professional golfer has their clubs fitted and you should too. Stop working for your golf clubs and have your golf clubs start working for you!
Do you have left-handed clubs to try?
- We have as many left-handed clubs as we can get our hands on for club fitting, as we realize it can often be difficult for lefties to find clubs to test and compare. We also host many demo days in which the manufacturer bring a larger selection of left handed equipment.
Do you build custom clubs?
- No. We order all custom clubs from the specific manufacturer you are fitted for. They will build them to your individual specifications, which is better than making modifications to “stock” clubs.
Will it take a long time to get my clubs?
- COVID UPDATE: You may be aware of the increasing disruption to the supply chain due to the sharp rise in Covid infection rates. This is impacting many industries and unfortunately the golf market is now feeling the effects of reduced output due to some temporary vendor and supplier closures. The situation remains very fluid as we learn more about our vendor recovery plans but movement in shipment dates for some current orders are inevitable. We know this will be a source of frustration to you and and we share your frustration. To that end, we can assure you we are in regular contact with our vendors and will communicate updates on expected ship times as we receive them. In front of all the challenges we have experienced during the pandemic, demand for our great game has never been higher. We want to thank all of you for your continued support as we have navigated through the pandemic together.
Can all Players benefit from Custom Fitting?
- Yes, properly fit golf equipment will substantially benefit golfers of ALL ability levels. Golf is challenging enough on its own. Why make it even harder? Properly fit equipment in terms of club model, shaft type, shaft length, shaft flex, grip type & size, set composition, and much more makes the game significantly easier to play and/or learn.
Why do you charge for custom fitting sessions when other places do it for free?
- At Sittler Golf, we want you to have as many clubs as possible to demo so that you can find the right clubs for your game. It is extremely expensive for us to assemble all the fitting systems and demo clubs from so many manufacturers, as well as the latest clubfitting technology. We pride ourselves on being Nationally Recognized Clubfitters and all our clubfitters are PGA & Manufacturer Certified Fitters. In the same way we compensate our Professionals when giving golf lessons, we compensate them for their expertise in the clubfitting process.
How long is a clubfitting?
- The time it takes to complete a clubfitting depends on the clubfitting you choose:
- Comprehensive Full Bag Fitting with Putter: up to 3.5 hours
- Comprehensive Full Bag Fitting: up to 3 hours
- Comprehensive Iron Fitting: up to 1.5 hours
- Comprehensive Driver Fitting: up to 1.5 hours
- Comprehensive Long Wood: up to 1 hour
- Comprehensive Wedges: up to 1.5 hours
- Comprehensive Putter: up to 1 hour
Can you fit me for clubs I just purchased elsewhere?
- The best time to be fit for clubs is BEFORE you buy, which takes the expensive guess work out of potentially buying the wrong clubs. Getting fit before allows us to accurately fit you for all club specs. We may be able to affordably change to the correct grip size or shorten or lengthen the shafts. Sometimes it is better to just trade-in incorrect clubs and start over with new ones. We would work with you during an equipment analysis to determine if the clubs you purchased are right for you.
Can I be fitted by you without purchasing equipment?
- Yes, you would pay the full fitting fee and receive the suggested club specifications.
Is there a savings if I buy my clubs from you?
- We waive a portion of the fitting fee when you buy from us. We also enroll you in our Rewards Program where you earn a point for each dollar spent towards shop credit, free lessons, free buckets, etc.
What is your Appointment and Cancellation Policy
It’s important to understand that when forgetting or cancelling appointments without giving enough notice, businesses lose the opportunity to fill that appointment time, and other clients waiting for appointments miss out on receiving services. For the benefit and respect of all our clients and professionals, booking appointments with Sittler Golf are subject to the following terms found on our Appointment and Cancellation/No Show Policy